Thursday, March 9, 2006

My Favorites

This is just going to be a "short" post about two of my favorite TV shows & a webcast...


Firefly is a highly entertaining show about life in space. It has everything in it! Its not your stereotypical "Star Trek" show where everything is purdy, but it does have spaceships, evil empires, mutants, cowboys, hot babes, drinking and gun fights. What more could you ask for? LOL. Did I mention hot babes? Oh yeah I did.. LOL.

I bought the DVD box set of Season one - love it. Regretably the show was canceled, but they recently made a movie called Serenity and hopefully now that the SciFi picked it up, regular episodes again! YAY!!!



Dead Like Me is another show that I've fallen in love with. It's nothing too special, it's just about your average day as a grim reaper... George, an 18 year old girl who met her demise by getting struck by the Mier space station's toilet seat when it fell from orbit, is trying to come to terms with being dead. There are so many classic lines in this show. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll scream for more once you hit that last episode.

This show originally aired on Showtime, which I don't have... but I now own both season one and two box sets - LOVE EM!! As my other favorite show, this one was also canceled. And once again, the SciFi channel is working a deal with Showtime and hopefully "Dead Like Me" will be resurrected soon!!


Frederator. Ahhhh Channel Frederator, how do I love thee? Let me count the... errrrrrr ok never mind. This is one of the funniest podcasts out there... it's brought to you by the same people who brought you other entertaining shows including Fairly Odd Parents and My Life as a Teenage Robot. This site puts out a new episode every week on Tuesday... OMG some are so odd and others will have you rolling on the floor laughing! Check it out!

_______________________
Latin lesson for today:
Perscriptio in manibus tabellariorum est
(The check is in the mail)

No comments: